Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream!

If you are one of the many who love ice cream, even in the winter months, try this. This recipe is dairy free, sweetened with honey, and super creamy! It's worth investing in a simple electric ice cream maker if you don't already have one. Cuisinart makes a good model.
I started this coconut milk ice cream after dinner last night and it was ready in 15 minutes!



Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream:
*1 can coconut milk
*3 Tbsp high quality unsweetened cocoa powder
*1/4 cup honey
*1/2 tsp. vanilla
*1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate

In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients but the chopped chocolate until fully blended. Add to ice cream maker. About 2 minutes before ice cream is done, add chopped chocolate. Scoop into bowls and serve!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good Rachel. Keep the recipes coming, I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killin me Rach... I wont that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this with fresh coconut milk out of my awesome juicer. SO GOOD. I love how the hot Florida weather gives me an excuse to make ice cream!

    ReplyDelete