Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Strawberry Honeycrisp Salad with Balsamic and Feta




My husband has been sporting the chef hat of late. Since I usually assume this position, he never ceases to surprise me when given the opportunity to man the helm. This ensemble graced the table over the weekend (on a whim it appeared): sliced honeycrip, feta, and market strawberries showered in balsamic syrup. I don't even know how he found the balsamic syrup, since it was buried behind a brigade of obtrusive pantry items.
Just when you think you know a person all the way through, they do things like this; the surprise of which had a relaxing effect on the muscles in my neck, causing my head to tilt sideways, casting new light on a familiar profile.
Let us pause and give thanks for the blessings of the unforeseen.

Strawberry Honeycrip Salad with Balsamic and Feta:
*1 honeycrip apple, cored and sliced thin
*1/4 cup feta, crumbled
*handfull fresh strawberries, sliced
*1 tablespoon balsamic syrup

Arrange slices of honeycrisp onto a serving plate. Top with strawberries and feta. Drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Serve and enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Dang J- I just didn't know. But I shouldn't be surprised. You both have what it takes in the kitchen. Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fresh, lovely salad. I enjoy feta with fruit.

    ReplyDelete